Monday, April 30, 2012

MR LEGACYS JEUEL
  My name is Ginger, I'm a born & raised Montana country girl.  My folks had 9 children. I'm number 8, 7 girls & 2 boys, and believe me, my brothers were spoiled by us girls.
  My folks are still together after 62 years of marriage, and they still love each other.
  I'm starting this blog because I have a horse.  Not just any horse!  His name is Jeuel, He was born in 2010. His dam is a mare I leased from Suzy Foss @ Gold Creek Arabians. She's a straight Egyptian Arabian mare. Her name is,GC Forever Blest. I bred her to Suzy Foss's straight Egyptian Arabian Stallion TC Moniets Legacy. 
  The name Jeuel is Hebrew for God Heals!  When he was born, his dam had a pretty hard time. When all was said & done she just didn't have enough milk for the little guy. Had the vet up to tube the colostrum into his little tummy, than tried to get him to take a bottle, but he just wasn't interested, 4 days later he still hadn't gotten more than 1/2 oz, of milk at one time, so I called the vet again, He suggested that I buy goat milk replacer, as this has more fat content, and this colt obviously needed whatever help he could get. Dr Richardson DVM. came up and tubed some of the goats milk into him.  Still I couldn't get him to take a nipple..
  Day 7:  Still hadn't been able to get him to take a bottle, by now I'm about to give up, the colt was so weak by this time, he won't even lay down, just stands there with his legs spread out and head hanging down. I got out of bed this morning with a prayer to God, to please either show me what to do or help me to let him go, of course by now I am very attached!  As I'm mixing another batch of goats milk, and thinking this is another waste, I remembered seeing him suck a little water from the bucket, so I thought, Hey why don't I try milk in a bowl?  I was having no trouble at all getting him to suck my fingers, so when I get to the barn, I go over to the colt, with my prayers to God to help, and dipped my fingers into the milk, The colt latched onto them right away, I just moved them down into the bowl of milk and, he drank all of it.
  So this is about my little orphan, how smart and fun he has been.  I'm hoping to show the world this intellegent animal.  He'll be offered for Stallion service in 2014
Jeuel 1 year old

No comments:

Post a Comment